I've been home for several days now and all is going considerably well. I am in the process, in my tired state, of outlining my hospital/surgery experience. Details to come! To hold you all over I thought I would share a cute, short, related story.You see, I am an Eagle Scout. When my son showed interest in Scouting I jumped back in and have been the leader of Braydn's Cub Scout Den for the last two years. I have grown very fond of the boys, parents, and siblings of those involved in my Den - an awesome group of people.
The night before surgery we were scheduled to have a Den Meeting at my house. I kept it because I figured it would be best to keep my mind occupied. Also, I wanted to talk to my boys personally about why I was going to be in the hospital. Well, unfortunately - due to my ill state thanks to the amazing liquid - diet I had to email out a cancellation/plea to cover email the day of the meeting. One of the parents gladly agreed to take over the meeting and we got everything worked out. I was, however, very upset that I didn't get to attend the meeting. Braydn did not either.
The day after I got home from surgery, Braydn came home from school and hand-delivered this card from the parent who hosted the meeting that Monday night...
It brought tears to my eyes.

That is so adorable :D I love that you have such great groups of people surrounding and supporting you!
ReplyDelete