Two weeks ago both Tess and I had to renew our driver's licenses - something we both last did in 2005 after our wedding. Tess opted to go for the new-fangled online renewal (pfft... fancy that - how about you hire a decent graphic designer, Colorado Motor Vehicle, eh?). In doing this, however, Tess' new license would re-use her photo from '05. That was fine for her, but I've been working hard to change myself the last few years and I wanted my new license to reflect that change. So, off to the DMV I went. Well, the wait and the fantastic people watching was worth it! My new license came in the mail today and, well, have a look-see...
Another fun note: today I had to purchase a new pair of jeans. Since buying a new pair of jeans and two pairs of shorts back in July (two-to-three sizes smaller than my pre-surgery pants) I am down two more sizes! That feels pretty good.
What sucks? Spending money on clothes I know I am going to shrink out of. Ugh... so, I now have one pair of pants that fit correctly (for a few months anyway), and one pair of pants, plus two pairs of shorts (which will be useless as the weather gets colder) that are two-sizes too big.
One pair of pant for the winter... hmm... Oh well - at least they are smaller!
Oh, and I looked into buying a new belt too. $30-plus? Fuck that. I went rag-a-muffin with my belt tonight and cut eight inches off of the end. Hey - it didn't cost me a thing... :P
10/12/2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment