7/23/2010

Five Months Out

Today marks five months out since my surgery. I'm happy to report that progress continues and I am very pleased with the results and with my decision to actually have the surgery done at this point. Today I am 97 pounds down from my pre-surgery weight. That puts me at 355 for those counting. This is completely new territory for me here. I honestly don't remember the last time I was at this weight - because when it happened I wasn't paying attention. Also, the last time I was in the 350 range my weight was going up.

I continue to workout five days a week. My body is greatful for it. I feel incredible. My energy level is way up and I always feel up to doing something, whereas before I would rather just sit around and be lazy. It really is quite amazing and refreshing.

This past month also posed some interesting challenges. Being summer time, my sons spent a couple of weeks with their grandparents on the western slope, giving my wife and I some needed alone time. This time every summer usually means a lot of eating for the both of us. It still happened, inevitably. We enjoy going out and trying new things while the boys are away - things that the boys may not neccessarily care for. I have to say, though, I was much better about the majority of the choices I made while out with Tess. Sure, there were a couple of times where I probably ate a little more than I should have (and a couple of times my stomach punished me for it). There were a couple of times I indulged in a bit of chocolate. In the end, however, I watched what I was eating pretty well and made sure to stay the course with my workouts and come out of June/July ten pounds lighter.


Tess and the boys are currently visiting her parents and the boys will stay with them one last time for a week or two before their summer lets way to the new school year. Again, Tess and I will have some time alone. I am going to challenge myself to do even better this time - be even more aware of what I am putting in my body - in hopes for better results come the end of August and my six-month update.

As my photographer - Tess - is currently visiting her parents, my usual monthly front/side shot lineup will have to wait until next week. I leave you with a couple of photographs of me that were taken last Friday at NetDevil's summer company barbeque by my good friend, Erik. When I saw this picture I was finally able to visually see some of the progress I have made. As you can see, the band played. Going back to one of my earlier goals I wrote about on this blog - being able to rest my guitar on my leg mor comfortably - well, I'm happy to report that is happening more and more everyday. This particular phot pleases me because I dont' seem to dwarf my Stratocaster much anymore - it's look much more like a guitar in my hands than a ukulele. :P

The only thing I can say and do is ROCK ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment